2A NEWS JUNE 10, 2019
While writing comments for the report card I have been thinking how much I will miss this special group of children. It has been my pleasure teaching them this year. My mom always said that she knew I would be a teacher because I always cried the last day of school – and I still do!
Students have started bringing home their materials. Please consider using the math workbooks for the Summer Math Challenge. There are pages that we didn’t complete so they would be great to use to review skills.
The Reader’s Notebooks are also a valuable resource to review skills that have been taught this year.
A few notes…
- Backpacks need to be brought in every day (even Friday) this week as items will be sent home daily
- We will recognize summer birthdays on Wednesday
- Thursday will be a noon dismissal. It is jeans day because the students will be helping clean the classroom.
- We’ll enjoy the end of year Mass Friday at 8:45 A.M. Students may wear Sunday best. No jeans please.
- Dismissal will be 10:00 A.M. Report cards will be given to the children at that time.
This week we will…
- review the math skills learned this year, while taking part in some engaging hands-on math stations
- create an “All I Learned in 2nd Grade” poster
- continue Second Step lessons about bullying: when a bystander sees unkind behavior we will learn how to help the one being bullied
Monday – Scholastic News: The History of Sunscreen and activity sheet (just return the activity sheet and keep the Scholastic News at home)
Tuesday – Clock review
Wednesday – Thursday No homework!
Have a fantastic week,